Pages

Monday 3 February 2020

Some more 'formations in boxes': German World War II

Now that I have some renovated vehicles to add to my collection, I have been able to organise two German World War II 'formations in boxes'. These are both Heer infantry formations and comprise:
  • 3 x Infantry units (each with 4 figures)
  • 1 x Artillery unit (each with a 150mm or 75mm infantry gun, a towing vehicle, and 2 crew figures)
  • 1 x Anti-tank Gun unit (each with a 50mm anti-tank gun, a towing vehicle, and 2 crew figures)
  • 1 x Commander (with personal transport)
The formations look like this:

1. Infanterie-Division



2. Infanterie-Division


8 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    I'm enjoying seeing where you are going with these boxed unit collections- yes, it is always great to organize things- especially for storage and later access to exactly what you need. I have not been that organised in the past at managing space- things have changed somewhat now in Twighlight Years. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson,

      I am by nature rather untidy ... but over the years I have had to impose a degree of self-discipline, and organising my collections is part of that. If I don’t do something like this, ld never find anything!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Bob -
    You do have a way of grabbing and holding my attention! Off and on for quite a while now I've been concerning myself as to how I'm going to sort my own WW2 inventory, so far without finding 'quite the thing'. This looks to be heading in the direction I'd like to go, so I'll be following with even more than my usual interest!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      This current ‘system’ is the most recent of several attempts to be organised ... and it seems to work! It’ll be quite a few more months before the rest of my WW2 collection is renovated and organised along similar lines.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. It reminds me of the song ‘Little Boxes’. Just teasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve8,

      Just as long as they don’t end up all being the same!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Indeed. They might all go to university.

      Delete
    3. Steve8,

      Just think of the ticky-tackyness of it if they did!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.