Pages

Friday 9 October 2020

Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War mini-campaign: The final battle map

Using the terrain generator system contained in my THE PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME book, I created a map for my forthcoming battle, and it looks like this:

The Russians will be deployed in field defences up to three grid squares from the road that runs from the top right-hand corner of the map towards the bottom left-hand corner. The 1st Rifle Division will occupy positions between the road and the bottom right-hand corner of the map, the 2nd Rifle Division will be in the area between the road and the left-hand side of the map, and the 1st Tank Corps will be deployed protecting the bridge across the river.

The German 1st Infantry Division will attack from the north (i.e. the upper edge of the map), the 2nd Infantry Division will attack from the east (i.e. the right-hand edge of the map), and the 1st Panzer Division will move in from the west (i.e. the left-hand edge of the map).

6 comments:

  1. Hi BOB,
    I'm looking forward to a report on your next Battle. Very good to see your chipping away at you short list of Aims. Stay well and safe there in London. I look forward to your Posts and try to comment on most. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      The next battle presents a few problems in that it is the largest battle I’ve ever attempted to fight using my PW rules. To make the logistics of the battle easier to cope with, the Germans will stage their attack in three separate but coordinated attacks. I’m hoping that by approaching it that way, I’ll be able to avoid too many pitfalls.

      I have to go to hospital next week for some tests, and have to have a COVID test on Sunday, followed by three days of isolation.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I must give your terrain generator a run out Bob, but keep forgetting everytime I put on a game! Good luck with the tests and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      The terrain generator has proven to be quite popular, and seems to produce interesting and fairly balanced terrain.

      The pre-hospital visit COVID test is standard procedure, and if I pass, I’ll be having further tests on Wednesday.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to the Batrep, Bob.

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Kemp (Chris),

      With luck - and assuming real life doesn’t intervene - you should be reading it by Monday.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.