Pages

Friday 1 March 2024

Thinking about a YouTube channel

Over the years I have made a few YouTube videos which I uploaded to my YouTube channel.

As you can see, some of them related to games I had taken part in or seen at COW (The annual Conference of Wargamers), one was a sort of scene-setter for a game I played based on the attack on the hill people from Korda's film THINGS TO COME, and a couple were of car accidents that I had been involved in or witnessed. The most recent is the video I made about the narrow-gauge model railway that I built.

It was after making the last short video that I began to think about the possibility of creating a YouTube channel devoted to supporting this blog. I have a few ideas that I would like to explore, such as documenting the story of how the PORTABLE WARGAME came about and possibly converting some of my 'How to ...' documents into short presentations that people can access. I might even include the odd battle report or news item.

This is all very much at the 'thinking about' stage, but it is something that I am giving serious thought to whilst working on the decluttering of our house.

16 comments:

  1. It is a very good idea Bob and the main thing is that you have to enjoy doing it because I have no doubt that you will find an audience given your decades in the hobby.
    Cheers,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ‘Lee,

      I’m pleased that you think that it’s a good idea.

      It was building the model railway that made me think ‘It would be so much easier to show people how I’ve done this rather than try to describe it, even with photographs’.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see some rolling stock in action on your layout Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      It was great to get the locomotives and rolling stock out of their storage boxes and onto the track.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Interesting, found and following for when it lifts off. It would be interesting to watch, well for me any way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demitri Ioannou,

      I will probably set up a YouTube channel entitled Wargaming Miscellany. When I do, I’ll put a link to it from this blog.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Have a chat with Lee Hadley, I'm sure he can offer you some good advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray Rousell,

      Thanks for the excellent suggestion. It was watching Big Lee’s YouTube channel that convinced me to look at the possibility of having my own, and I’ll certainly ask him for advice when I need it.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Great idea! I hope it proves feasible, I will certainly subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Cordone,

      At present I’m playing around with the video editing software. Once I think that I’ve mastered it, I’ll make a short introductory video.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  6. I had a look at the COW 2012 video, Bob - I reckon you have a good scheme there. So long, I think, you enjoy the process!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      That COW2012 video was made using software that allowed me to record a PowerPoint presentation to which I added a soundtrack. From what I can remember, it wasn’t too difficult to do, and having used PowerPoint a lot when I was teaching, I can put them together quite quickly.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  7. BOB,
    I've been trying to find your OO9 Video on UTube without success- could you please provide a link that I can click on which will take me directly to your Video. Thanks. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      You should be able to watch that video on YouTube here = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2b0pHql9Eo .

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. BOB,
      Thank You for the Link- found your Video - excellent- good to hear your voice -a very professional clip - lovely layout showing your splendid collection of OO9 Steam Engines and Stock. Very enjoyable. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
    3. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I’m glad that you enjoyed this brief glimpse of my 009 model railway … and thanks for your kind words about my video.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.