Pages

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Back home again!

Sue and I returned home yesterday after a short five-day cruise … but boy, did we do a lot during it!

We only visited Hamburg and Zeebrugge, but in the former we visited Minatur Wunderland and from the latter we took a trip to Dunkirk where we visited the site of the Wormhoudt massacre (28th May, 1940), the Operation Dynamo Museum, and the military cemeteries at Zuydcoote. The latter are the resting places for 1174 French, 327 Commonwealth, 201 German, 1 Belgian, and 1 Russian soldiers from the Great War, and 904 French (including North African troops) and 14 Spanish soldiers who died defending Dunkirk in 1940.

I’ll be writing a blog post about our cruise later this week and probably creating YouTube videos about Miniatur Wunderland and the Operation Dynamo Museum soon afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. Miniatur Wunderland is epic! I've been there several times and I'm looking forward to your report or video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,

      It truly was a wonderful place to visit … and I can see why people make multiple return visits.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.