Pages

Sunday, 20 September 2026

New YouTube video: The Portable Wargame version of Shambattle: Background and the rules

I have just uploaded a new YouTube video to the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.

It lasts approximately nine and a half minutes.

The video can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.


A PDF of these rules can be found on the Portable Wargame Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Bob, excellent video - as I've commented on You Tube - that makes a great introduction to both the original Shambattle and your Portable version thereof. Looking forward to watching the playtest very much!
    Very pleased to read in your earlier post that you managed to get upstairs despite not being able to use the stairlift. I hope that will become easier with time and practice.
    I will be working on some pieces for the next PW Compendium today and hope to send you at least one of them by this evening.
    Best wishes,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur1815 (Arthur),

      I’m very pleased that you like the video. It - and the battle report - is base on some blog posts I wrote some time ago. I am thinking of doing some development of the rules so I can use it with my Belle Epoque collection to fight short campaigns.

      My improved mobility has been a bit of a surprise to me, but my exercise regime and the need to overcome the stairlift problem has motivated me to quite literally take those extra steps.

      Funnily enough, I should have a piece for the compendium completed soon, and if you could proofread it I’d be very grateful.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.