Pages

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

New YouTube video: A visit to the site of the Wormoudt Massacre (28th May 1940).

I have just uploaded a new YouTube video to the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel about what I saw when I visited the site of the Wormoudt Massacre (28th May 1940).

It lasts just over four minutes.

The video can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.

2 comments:

  1. Very moving and sad, thank you for posting the video. The 2nd Battalion Norfolk Regiment had 97 men massacred in very similar circumstances by the SS Totenkopf, in a barn at La Paradis, France on 27 May 1940. On this occasion, after the war, SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Fritz Knoekhlin was found guilty at a war crimes trial and was subsequently executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very moving history Bob. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.