Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Rise and shine ... but not much!

After spending Monday visiting my father in Hornchurch, Essex, and attending a meeting in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, and Tuesday in Herne Bay, Kent, sorting out my father-in-law's house, I had hoped to spend today wargaming ... but instead I woke up with the early symptoms of a cold and have spent most of the day drinking lots of fluids and trying to keep warm.

I did manage to do some wargame-related activity, however. Some time ago I made some notes for a development of my MEMOIR OF BATTLE rules so that they could cover the 1930s and early 1940s, and during the course of the day I have turned those notes into a set of rules ... that currently have the working title MEMOIR OF MODERN BATTLE (MOMBAT).

The rules are an amalgam of various aspects of Joseph Morschauser's MODERN rules (the game sequence), Richard Borg's MEMOIR '44 game (the combat system), and my own PORTABLE WARGAME 2 rules (the layout). They are still very much a 'work in progress', but if the opportunity arises I hope to see how well they work as soon as I am feeling better.

4 comments:

  1. Get Well Soon, Bob!

    Catchy title. I wonder when WWII will cease to be regarded as 'modern' warfare? I suspect to my son's generation it is anything but modern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur1815,

    Many thanks for your comment about the title; it suited the way I felt today.

    I suppose that World War II can no longer be regarded as being 'modern'. Participants are now well into their 80s, and within the next 20 years the number of survivors will be very few.

    A sobering thought.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon Bob and look forward to seeing the new rule set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve's Wargame Stuff,

    Thanks for your good wishes.

    If I feel a bit better tomorrow I might give the new rules a play-test ... and if they work reasonable well I will make them available online.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.