Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Tank Park

Now that my pre-Christmas spending spree on Corgi tanks is at an end, I decided to mount a 'review' of my tank park. First, the Russians ...



This is a very homogeneous collection of vehicles, and includes fourteen T34/76 and ten T34/85 tanks.

The same cannot be said of the Germans ...



This collection includes six short-barrelled and four long-barrelled Pzkpfw IV, four Pzkpfw VI Tiger 1, and three Pzkpfw V Panther tanks.

When added to my small collection of ROCO Minitank tanks and vehicles, I probably now have sufficient 1:87th-scale equipment to seriously think about fighting an Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War campaign at some time in the future. I also have quite a lot of as yet unpainted 20mm metal figures that are compatible with these vehicles, and one thing that I am thinking of doing after Christmas is beginning the process of turning some of this pile of lead into painted figures that I can use with my Corgi tanks.

4 comments:

  1. Impressive tank park there, just need a few support vehicles, guns and infantry and your ready for the Eastern front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don M,

    I have quite a lot of stuff 'in stock' that I will be able to use. I may be short of a few trucks ... but they should not be too difficult to acquire.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guidowg,

    I hope to have some of them in action on the tabletop after Christmas. All I need to do is to paint some infantry and support weapons ... and then the fighting can start.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.