Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Not Quite Minitanks ... but very close!

In a comment about my recently expanded collection of Minitank models, Neil Patterson suggested that I take a look at some of the 1:87th-scale vehicles manufactured by Trident. I followed his advice, looked on eBay ... and now I am the proud owner of six Sdfkz 250 armoured half-tracks!


These will be great additions to my nascent Panzer Divisions, and will probably serve in their reconnaissance units and/or as command vehicles. I hope to find a source of some Sdkfz 251s at some point ... but that might have to wait for a week or two!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to help Bob!
    I have seen some Trident Sdkfz 251 ausf D (not sure if they do a C) on eBay in the past, but not a lot recently.
    Will keep an eye out.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil Patterson,

    Thanks for your help.

    I think that I need about six or eight Sdkfz 251s to provide enough transport for the Panzer Grenadiers in my MEGABLITZ-style Panzer Divisions. I am going to look out for them over the next few months and buy them as and when I can.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few Trident models (modern US LAVs) which are absolute gems. I look forward to seeing your '250s painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    The Trident models are very nice, and would certainly buy more in future.

    I hope to start work on my first Panzer Division in the very near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.