Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

SALUTE 2003: Restless Natives

Back in 2003 Wargame Developments was asked to put on a demonstration/participation game at SALUTE. As I was working on a new set of colonial wargames rules at the time (RESTLESS NATIVES), I decided that they would be ideal for this. With the help of Tony Hawkins and some other stalwarts from Wargame Developments we managed to stage five games during that day ... and the participants seemed to enjoy them no end.


Digital cameras were not as good as they are now, and the quality of the photographs was – to say the least – variable. Here are some of the ones that were not too out of focus!

The Mahdists










The Anglo-Egyptians






Battle action!










All of the figures were manufactured by Essex Miniatures and bought ready-painted from Miliart.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I may have to get into colonials sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2003 was about when I started trying to take digital pictures.

    Needless to say... it did not go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean,

    I can thoroughly recommend colonial wargaming, and I am sure that you will enjoy it once you get started.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arquinsiel,

    You and me both! You should have seen the photos that were NOT good enough to use for this blog entry (out of focus, bad lighting, poorly composed).

    I have got a bit better since … I hope!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.