Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

SALUTE 2005: Megablitz terrain

When Wargame Developments was asked to put on a game at SALUTE 2005, Tim Gow and I decided that a demonstration game that featured MEGABLITZ would be ideal. We therefore split the task into two parts. He provided the troops (US and German) and provided the terrain.

I think that this was the first time that terrain had been specifically built for a MEGABLITZ game, and I created it from a combination of MDF (used for the base boards), cork tiles (used to create the hills and the river), paint (Dulux emulsion for the base colour and different 'matchpots' for the river, fields, roads, and built-up areas), and flock in a variety of different colours.

The resultant terrain looked like this:









8 comments:

  1. Oddly enough I was looking at my own photos of this game only yesterday! I'll get them posted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice boards. I'll be interested to see the game photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering what became of the board when you finished...?

    Best,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    I am sure that others would also like to see them as well … so get publishing!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sean,

    I hope that Tim Gow will also share his photographs of the terrain and the game in due course.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dancing Tea Cake,

    Thank you very much for the compliment. I think that the effort I put into making the boards was well worth it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris,

    I passed the boards over to Tim Gow … who may well still have them.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.