Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2017

An 'intermittent' fault can be so frustrating!

Over the weekend we have had what our ISP describes as an 'intermittent' fault on our Internet connection. By 'intermittent' one might think that the loss of access is only happening occasionally and for a short time. They truth is that we have lost access for hours on end, and often when we have been in the middle of doing something online.

As you can imagine, this has been more than a little irritating, and has meant that I have had work with a cobbled together connection using my mobile phone, Bluetooth, and my iPad. This has allowed me to read emails and surf the net, but not to do much else.

In my frustration I finally started work on re-writing LA ULTIMA CRUZADA, and so far progress has been quite good. I have decided to restructure the content so that it is more thematic (i.e. the chapter on the Spanish Army in 1936 will be followed by chapters on the Republican and Nationalist Armies from 1936 to 1939 ... and then I'll cover the Spanish Navy and Spanish Air Force in the same way). I also intend to add relevant illustrations wherever possible.

This looks as if it is going to be a much longer project than I expected, and is one that I will dip into every so often when the mode takes me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    The curse of the 'mittent' intermittent fault....

    I am very excited about the update for UC especially as there may be a hardback option as well. I am sure it will be worth the wait!

    All the best

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      The ISP has identified the problem and expects to fix it by tomorrow. In the meantime service has improved and the intermittent loss of access to the Internet is barely noticeable.

      I don't expect the latest edition of LA ULTIMA CRUZADA to be ready for publication much this side of Christmas, and it is my intention to publish it as a hardback. It will not be cheap ... but it will hopefully last a lifetime and will always remain in print.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. "Intermittent" - utility euphemism for "I haven't a bloody clue what heck is wrong, how to fix it or how long it will take".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William Stewart,

      I think that you are spot on. The initial reply from the ISP predicted that it would take until 31st July to fix the problem.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.