Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

L-shaped built-up areas: A progress report

Whilst the workmen have been removing the old conservatory roof and installing the new one I have not been idle. In fact I have been using some of my time to begin work on a number of basic buildings that will be used to create several L-shaped built-up areas ... and here are the results:


The buildings are as yet unfinished, but it is possible to see that they have been constructed using a 'sandwich' of thin plywood (for the outer 'skins') and basswood (for the 'filling').

I have yet to add roofs to any of them, and I will probably not do that until they have been fixed to their bases. In the meantime I am continuing to build more basic buildings, and have two more almost complete and another two in the early stages of construction.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good assortment, with simple yet varied facades. I'm looking forward to seeing how they look once painted and finished (as I'm sure you are as well).

    The conservatory seems to be coming along nicely, too. (Conservatory always makes me think of Clue (aka, Cluedo). Beware of lead pipes and people with colorful names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitz-Badger,

    I have tried to make each basic building as simple as possible and yet different. Adding the roofs will increase the individuality ... and then it is a matter of selecting which ones are to go together. Once that is done I can begin painting them … and that is the point when I hope that they will ‘come alive’.

    The new conservatory roof is well on the way to being finished … but it then has to be redecorated, have a new floor fitted, and new fitted cupboards installed before it can be used to stage any Cludeo-style murders!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.