Pages

Saturday 1 March 2014

Nugget 269

The editor of THE NUGGET sent the original of the next issue (N269) to me this morning, and I intend to take it to the printer on next Monday. I hope to collect it from them on Thursday or Friday next week and post it out to members of Wargame Developments soon afterwards.

IMPORTANT: Please note that this is the fifth issue of THE NUGGET to be published for the 2013-2014 subscription year. It is still possible to subscribe, and this can be done online via the Wargame Developments website. Please note that the subscription costs rose with effect from the beginning of the current subscription year.

6 comments:

  1. Have you seen the pre-order for the new book by Neil Thomas on Amazon-One Hour Battles? Looks to be your sort of book! Regards Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,
    Thanks for bringing this to our notice. Looks very interesting.
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,

    Thanks very much for this information. I will probably order a copy later today.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur1815,

    I think that I will be buying a copy ... and I suspect that you might as well.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob,
    It's on my wish list! After his pretty disappointing Napoleonic Wargaming, Neil Thomas then produced the excellent Nineteenth Century book, so I'm hoping this new title will be as good. I note from the publisher's details that it will have several sets of new rules - I wonder whether those may be derived from his Simplicity in Practice sets published in Battlegames?

    The question is, Bob, when are you going to produce a Portable Wargaming volume?

    Regards,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arthur1815,

    I decided to pre-order the book on the strength of his nineteenth century wargaming book ... but I have to wait until August to read it! As to his rules ... well I probably won't use them but I find his approach to designing rules very interesting.

    A Portable Wargame book is still a possibility ... but first I need to settled on a final format for the rules.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.