Pages

Friday 28 March 2014

Some more Blandford colour series books

Whilst writing my earlier blog entry, I looked along my bookshelves and noticed several other non-uniform books from the Blandford colour series. These included:
  • FIGHTERS, ATTACK AND TRAINING AIRCRAFT 1914-19
  • BOMBERS, PATROL AND RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT 1914-19
  • FIGHTERS BETWEEN THE WARS 1919-39
  • BOMBERS BETWEEN THE WARS 1919-39
  • FIGHTERS, ATTACK AND TRAINING AIRCRAFT 1939-45
  • BOMBERS, PATROL AND TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT 1939-45
  • MERCHANT SHIPS OF THE WORLD IN COLOUR 1910-29
  • RAILWAYS AND WAR BEFORE 1918
  • RAILWAYS AND WAR SINCE 1917 FEATURING WORLD WAR II
Over the years these have all proved to be very useful and they – along with my Ian Allen and Osprey books – form the very important core of my collection of reference books.

4 comments:

  1. My set of the two WWI aircraft books were worn out after forty years of hard use, and I was lucky to find two fine replacement copies. The originals now reside on my paint-bench full time.

    I had never seen the railroad book before. Now i must find one on Amazon....
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blandford books are some of my favourites, although I hadn't seen these titles. I have mainly the uniform ones. Uniforms of Waterloo was I think my first and still greatest love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven Page,

    Forty years of use indicates how good the books were. How many modern books are likely to still be being used that long after they were bought?

    Blandford produced quite a few railway books, not just ones about military railways. If my memory serves me correctly, they were written by O S Nock, a prolific writer on railway matters.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sun of York,

    Blandford produced a huge range of colour reference books, not just military and railway ones.

    I must admit that I have had a couple of looks at UNIFORMS OF WATERLOO myself of late ... and it is an excellent book.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.