Pages

Thursday 28 October 2010

We sail the ocean blue ...

I have spent part of this afternoon looking for ... and eventually finding ... some model ships that I thought might be useable with my MEMOIR OF BATTLE AT SEA naval wargames rules.

The models were made many years ago from sheet polystyrene and various bit and pieces from my scrap box, and are supposed to represent the six British late nineteenth century Admiral-class barbette ships ...

... and some French opposition (Two Amiral Baudin-class barbette ships and four Terrible-class coastal defence ships).

As the photographs show, the models are a little too large for the blue Hexon II hexes that I had hoped to use.

Never mind. I will have to make some new models … which I thought I might have to do anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    I love those models! You are right about the size issue as well when placed on the Hexon tiles. Mine arrived today and boy are they nice!!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    The models do need to be slightly smaller (or somewhat larger*)than the hex to look 'right'.

    Now that you have your own set of Hexon II blue hexes, you can set up your own battles using your version of MOBAS. I look forward to reading your first battle report in the very near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    * The ‘somewhat larger’ remark is not a stupid as it sounds. I have placed one of my larger-scale models on the hexes, and it don't look too bad. I suspect it is a case of how one perceives what one sees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.