Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Axis and Allies: Battle of the Bulge: The playing pieces

Having done a count-up of the playing pieces in my recently acquired copy of the AXIS AND ALLIES: SPRING 1942 board game, I decided to do the same with my copy of AXIS AND ALLIES: BATTLE OF THE BULGE. Here is the list of contents:
  • 46 Artillery (4 British, 18 US, 24 German)
  • 48 Infantry (4 British, 20 US, 24 German)
  • 32 Tanks (4 British, 12 US, 16 German)
  • 4 Bombers (1 British, 2 US, 1 German)
  • 12 Fighters (3 British, 6 US, 3 German)
  • 18 Trucks (12 US, 6 German)
By combining the contents of the two board games, I would have quite a sizeable collection of playing pieces I could use.

4 comments:

  1. I've got some of the A&A games - even an early edition going back to 1987. We used to add 1/72 Esci figures to the batch for variation.

    I am curious to learn what you come up with for the pieces outside of the regular A&A context. Looking forward to seeing more posts on the subject.

    ~Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a box of such pieces and have used them for playtesting various games including WD's 'Sturmstaffel'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Leach,

    I am not quite sure what I am going to use the playing pieces for, although they could easily be used with my Heroscape hexed terrain to fight a 'big battle' version of 'Memoir '44'.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    I must admit that the aircraft models did strike me as having potential for a tabletop air combat game.

    If I get a chance, I will try to read the Sturmstaffel rules as they will probably give me some ideas as to how to use these lovely little models.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.