Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

When will I wargame again?

Because of all the problems I have had to deal with over the past few weeks, I have done precious little wargaming or undertaken much wargaming-related activity ... and I am feeling a degree of deprivation as a result.

I don't think I am alone in using wargaming as an intellectual distraction from the cares of the world, and it is ironic that the times when I most need that distraction always seem to occur when I have the least opportunity to indulge myself.

I am going to try to make some time to wargame this weekend ... even if it is only a try out of my portable wargame. If I do manage to fight a wargame (or two), I will certainly write a blog entry about how well (or badly) the rules work. If I don't ... well, I am sure that I will find something to blog about!

4 comments:

  1. Tim Gow,

    With a bit of luck, I might just manage a quick game before our next meeting!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find painting sessions are the way of shutting out the stress of work and such - but a good game with convivial company and a glass or two of Dr Feelgood (optional) also works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomo the Lost,

    Generally I find modelling or painting very relaxing ... but recently I have not had the time or inclination to do either.

    As I have also found that I don't seem to have time to do much wargaming as well, I was beginning to feel in need of a 'fix' ... hence the recent game used to try out my new portable wargame.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.