Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

A little light relief ...

I very rarely believe the 'puff' printed by publishers about their books, and had I read the back cover of my latest acquisition – FENWICK TRAVERS AND THE YEARS OF EMPIRE – I might not have bought it!


The back cover includes the following text: 'Meet the most entertaining rogue to strut the world's stage since Harry Flashman was expelled from Rugby!' Now I have yet to read the book, but I have read all of the FLASHMAN books ...and this is going to have to be very good indeed to reach that standard.

In truth I doubt that it will be as good as it is puffed up to be, but that said, this hardback edition was as cheap to buy as a discounted paperback novel and if I get some enjoyment out of reading it, then it will have been worth the money.

I hope so ... as I have already ordered the other two books in the same series!

2 comments:

  1. So that is the first sign of pulling your financial horns in is it? Buying three books sight unseen.....

    It will be a long winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robertpeel999,

    Three books for the price of one? Sounds economical to me ...

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.