Pages

Friday 14 October 2011

People to see ...

I doubt if I will managed to do much wargaming-related activity today ... although there is always a possibility that I might be able to find a few minutes here and there to do one or two things towards the end of the day.

This morning my wife and I are off to visit my father-in-law. We intend to do his shopping on the way ... which usually adds at least another hour onto the journey as he likes us to do his shopping in a particular supermarket which is not quite on our route. We shall then spend some time with him, and the main topic of discussion will no doubt be related to his projected move to the flat we are buying for him closer to the centre of Herne Bay.

After lunch (or possibly before, depending upon how things pan out) we then have an appointment with the solicitor who has agreed to act for us with regard to the flat purchase. We have already completed a long questionnaire for her, but there are several things that we need to clarify with her.

Once our business in Herne Bay is completed we will be able to return home .... but I suspect that we will also have to do our weekly food shopping on the way back, and that will add time to our homeward journey. I don't know whether I will feel like doing any wargaming-related activity once I get home. I hope so ... but I am learning not to plan too far in advance these days!

2 comments:

  1. And you wondered if you'd find enough to keep occupied in retirement, eh?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebear Jeff,

    I know! I know!

    This retirement business is hard work!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.