Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Building a model coastal defence gun: the final assembly

After a couple of attempts to build a circular track for each of my two coastal defence guns to traverse on, I found two suitable wheels in my spares box. (I think that they may have originally been part of a Games Workshop model … but I am not sure.) These proved to be just the right size … and saved me a lot of time and effort as well.

I glued the each of wheels onto a separate octagonal base of Plasticard, and glued a gun atop each of the wheels.


All I have to do now is to paint the guns, and as soon as they are ready they will be appearing on my tabletop as the armament of a Fezian coastal defence fort.

6 comments:

  1. Ross Mac,

    Thanks for your kind comment.

    I hope that they will look even better when they are painted.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking bits of kit, looking forward to seeing them painted.

    All the best

    Airhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Fool!!!

    You can't use a GW 'bit' on a non-GW model.

    It's a violation of their IP.

    Check the front door. There's probably a horde of lawyers out there.

    Look. Just take down the picture. Bin the models. And we'll all deny seeing anything.

    [Nice models. Better than anything I could do.]

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airhead,

    I have just undercoated the models and with luck I should be able to finish painting them tomorrow.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAROE (Stuart),

    I understand that Games Workshop practices a blanket 'no comment' policy ... which if used in interviews with the police can be viewed by an English Criminal Court as being almost tantamount to an admission of guilt ... so I think that I might just be safe ... for the moment.

    All the best,

    Bob

    PS. Thanks for the humorous comment as well as the complimentary one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.