Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Storing my Hexon II

There is no point in having a terrain system like Hexon II and then storing where it is not easy to get to. Some time ago I rearranged my toy/wargames room so that my Hexon II was as accessible as I could possibly make it. When I was lucky enough to be given some additional terrain by my wife, it proved a fairly quick and simple task to find storage space for it.

My Hexon II terrain is all stored on top of and in the bottom half of two of the bookcases that line the walls of my toy/wargames room.



The terrain tiles are stored in stacks in the bottom half of one of the larger bookcases, along with some plastic boxes that contain various trees (coniferous, deciduous, and palm).


The bottom half of one of the smaller bookcases also contains plastic boxes in which are stored the clips that hold the terrain tiles together, single and double hex hills (in various different flocking finishes), streams, roads, and trenches. There is also space for storing some of the smaller Hexon II fortifications.


On top of the bookcases are stiorage boxes that contain the larger hills and mountains as well as the larger terrain pieces that will not fit into the other storage boxes.



By having the Hexon II to hand and stored in such a way that I can find anything that I need within a few seconds, it is possible for me to set up the terrain for a wargame in a matter of minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Yes your organization makes me feel even greater shame about my midden heap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far too neat Bob- you should start at least 5 new project then leave them scattered about the place- that way I'll feel better about the state of my shed....

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mosstrooper-

    You should have had a warning sign like Bob. That's how organized he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean,

    You should see my office! That is an absolute tip.

    I keep my toy/wargames room tidy because I would never be able to find anything if I didn't.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter,

    Don't be fooled; I have only photographed one end of the room. All the mess is BEHIND the camera!

    (This statement is not actually true ... But I hope that it makes me seem less virtuous!)

    All the best.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mosstrooper,

    I lost your comment as I was writing my original reply. When I pressed 'Publish' my iPad switched off and both disappeared!

    My room would look like a bomb had gone off in it ... but I defused it; hence the Danger UXB sign!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. SAROE,

    A bit of forward thinking on my part. Defuse the bomb BEFORE it goes off! (Mind you, it would be rather pointless trying to do it AFTER the bomb had exploded!)

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. The following is the missing comment from Mosstrooper:

    OMG ! how organised I admire you ! my gaming room looks as if a bomb has gone off !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.