Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Building a model coastal defence gun: the finished article

Despite having problems with some of the paint (the pot of paint I had intended to use to paint the gun carriage had dried out and I had to wait until I could get to a local model shop to buy a replacement), the two coastal defence guns are now finished … and I think that they look quite good.






All I have to do now is to set up the battle I have planned, and then they can see action for the first time.

8 comments:

  1. Pat G,

    Thanks very much. I must admit that they turned out better than I had hoped.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    They look really effective and you have captured the look of the thing very nicely. The Fezian gunners I note are in their summer uniform - presumably because they will be giving the Rusland navy a hot time of it....;-)

    All thee best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Crook,

    Thanks for your kind comments.

    The Fezian gunners prefer to wear their fatigue dress when operating their guns. Their dress uniforms are only worn when they have a victory to celebrate.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

    Thanks ... and with a bit of luck you should see them in action in the very near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have turned out nice. How many more do you think you'll knock out?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter,

    I expect to build at least another pair ... and possibly four or even six.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.