Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

More model coastal defence guns

Although I have had a rather busy day (up early to drive to see my father in his care home, followed by a snack lunch and some shopping with my wife) I have been able to begin work on building two more model coastal defence guns.

These latest additions to my coastal defence artillery park are going to be heavy guns (the previous models were medium guns) so that they can take on armoured ships at longer ranges. As before, they are being made from Plasticard tubes and girders as well as sheet Plasticard and the odd couple of bits and pieces from my box of spare parts.

Hopefully the models will be finished tomorrow, and once they are I can begin painting them.

4 comments:

  1. Having just read the excellent little battle report, it certainly seems that hevier guns are needed. An arms race in the making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross Mac,

    I am glad that you enjoyed reading the battle report.

    I would not call it an arms race ... but there certainly are some more guns in production, possibly with some more to follow.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob,

    GOODY! More Artillery! I am really looking forward to seeing what Fezian industrial ingenuity can come up with - or rather the treasury!

    I am thinking that the earlier action will serve nicely as the taster for a full scale naval assault at a later date.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Crook,

    With a bit of luck the model coastal defence guns I am working on should be finished by lunchtime. Once they are painted (which should be in a few day's time) we may well see a return to Naverona!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.