Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

Back to bases ...

Strictly speaking I haven't been basing figures today ... I have been preparing some to be based.

To date I have based almost all of my Del Prado pre-painted 25/28mm-scale Napoleonic Prussian infantry figures (I have three spare figures) and prepared my Prussian artillery figures for basing ... and today I have been touching up any damage on my Prussian cavalry figures prior to varnishing them later this evening. With luck I will be able glue them to their bases at some point during tomorrow morning, and once the glue has cured I will then finish them off by painting the bases with Humbrol Matt Grass Green enamel paint.

I have been working on the slow-burn, non-priority project for some weeks (since 5th February, to be precise), doing little bits as and when I could. As a result I have not suffered from that lack of interest or lethargy that sometimes strikes when one is working on a large project, and I have made better progress than I hoped that I would.

Once the Prussians are finished I hope to move on to the 'odds and sods' that form part of my collection. These include Brunswickers (all infantry) and Dutch-Belgians (Belgian infantry and Dutch cavalry), both of whom fought on the Allied side at Waterloo.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    I am looking forward to seeing this collection in all its glory in due course. I may have mentioned that I occasionally come across these figures at boot sales and I am certain you will see some at Skirmish in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you have any holes in the collection and I will see what I can find as the boot sales season is almost upon us!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    I will certainly be writing a blog entry about each of the Del Prado Napoleonic armies as and when they are finished ... and with luck the first of these should be by then end of next week.

    If you do come across any of these figures at boot fairs and they aren't to expensive (i.e. much more that £1.00 per foot figure and £2.00 per mounted figures) and are in reasonable condition (still in their original packaging is best as they seem to suffer damage if they are stored loose) I would be interested in them. The only figures that I don't need are drummers and flag bearers as I have plenty of them aready.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.