Pages

Saturday 15 April 2017

Developing The Portable Wargame: A further update

I have been working solidly on this book over the past few days, and have begun to make significant progress. Luckily I have had the help of several people who have been reading the draft rules and fighting play-test games using them. Their feedback has been very helpful and has led to several revisions being made to the text and clarifications added where necessary.

As well as creating the first of several diagrams that will be included in the book, I have begun writing the chapter about mini-campaigns. I have also begun taking some of the photographs that I want to use to illustrate some of the mechanisms I have used.

Over the Easter weekend I intend to carry on working on the book, but I don't expect to finish writing the text by Tuesday. Sue and I have organised a visit to Woolwich on Sunday to watch the Tall Ships that have been based in Greenwich for the last week as they sail down the River Thames towards the sea, and this will provide a much-needed break ... and something different to blog about!

4 comments:

  1. You had me at "mini-campaigns". Now, I can only hope you finish the book earlier than you anticipate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin Penwith,

      The mini-campaign chapter will contain examples of the sort of simplified maps one can use as well as an example of one such mini-campaign.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Akh! I haven't even had the chance to play test anything yet! Although I did cobble together an ancient set using card counters. I'll try them later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen Briddon,

      The situation with regard to the rules is rather dynamic at the moment, and I will be sending out a further revise set of draft rules later today.

      The Ancient rules have not been too drastically altered, although I have added some less generic exemplar troop types (e.g. Roman Legionaries) to the Special Rules section.

      I look forward to hearing how you get on with them.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.