Pages

Thursday 12 November 2020

A lack of progress report!

As of this morning, I still have not had a reply to either of the messages I have sent to Lulu.com's 'Support' team ... which means that I cannot make any progress with publishing THE PORTABLE PIKE & SHOT WARGAME book.

I have now had feedback from all the contributors, and I have a number of photographs and a diagram to add to the text. Once that is done, all I have to do is make a number of final checks, and the text of the book will be ready for publication.

If Lulu.com do not get back to me soon, I will look at moving over to another print and distribution service. There are several front runners for this, of which Amazon's KDP is currently the favourite. The only problem is that they only offer two options for printing and distribution, Kindle electronic book format and colour paperback ... and I'd like to produce a colour hardback edition if that is at all possible. There is a possibility that I might be able to do the latter privately, but the book would be expensive to print and distribute.

Once I have a date for my forthcoming operation, I plan to publish this book before I have to go into hospital so that it will be on sale before Christmas ... so if anyone from Lulu.com is reading this, the countdown has started!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    Certainly hope that you can solve the Publishing Problems for your new book as you do desire to have it all up and running before you go into Hospital. Best wishes for your Opertaion - hope everything goes well for you and Sue. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I am hoping that I can get this problem sorted out, but I have a backup plan that I am working on that I think might work. Just keep reading my blog to find out what it is!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Bob,

    Good luck with your publishing, I will buy a copy as soon as It's out.

    Take Care

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich,

      With luck, the latest PW book should be published within a fortnight ... with or without Lulu.com's help!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Bob,

      That's great news-like many others I hope for even greater news re your op...

      Very best wishes
      Anthony

      Delete
    3. Anthony Morton (Anthony),

      Cheers, old chap! I hope that you will not be disappointed.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed LuLu get their act together before your op Bob, but nice to know you have a back up plan. Personally the paperback version works perfectly well for me, colour or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      I'm hoping that I can sort out the situation with Lulu.com, but I have a cunning backup plan that does not rely on a Baldrick-like character to work! It does require an initial publishing experiment with the backup publisher, but if that works, I will be able to publish the latest PW book before I go into hospital.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Hi Bob. My personal preference is for PDF rather than Kindle - easier to print out relevant pages for the tabletop!

    Good luck,

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon,

      I also prefer PDFs for rules, and I might well take on the distribution of PDFs of my rules if publishers are unwilling or unable to do so.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. I will cheerfully buy every version of the book you publish, whatever the format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve8,

      Cheers! That makes the effort I’m putting in to getting the book published all the more worthwhile!

      I’m currently still waiting for Lulu.com to answer my requests for support and assistance, and whilst I’m waiting, I’m looking at potential alternatives ... such as Amazon’s KPD system.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.