Pages

Sunday 3 October 2021

The Balkan League book … is almost ready for publication

The draft text of my latest book has been proofread by Arthur Harman, and I am now in the process of preparing it for publication. Once that is done, I will have a proof copy printed and if it requires no further alterations or changes, I will release it for publication.

This book is divided into three parts and a set of Appendices.

  • Introduction
  • Part One: The Matrix Game Concept (including a short history of the Matrix Game concept and an explanation about to play one)
  • Part Two: The Balkan League Matrix Game (including an historical introduction, maps, player briefings, rules, and how to resolve battles that occur)
  • Part Three: The Portable Balkan League Wargame Rules (including land and sea warfare rules)
  • Appendices (including map sections, a copy of the Matrix Game Playsheet/Prompt Board, order counters, and Orders of Battle and notes about the armies and navies that took part)
  • Bibliography

With luck, I should be able to release the book in hardback and paperback formats by the middle of the month.

10 comments:

  1. Hi BOB,
    Good fortune with the sale of your new Balkan book- I guess this is what being Retired is all about- delving into favorite interests. We are still in Lock Down here- hoping it will end soon...I'd definitely like to go to our Local Cafe and have a Coffee and some Cheese Cake and watch the world go by. Stay safe and well there. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I don’t expect the latest book to sell in great numbers, but it might just spark a bit of interest in the Balkan Wars.

      I’ve just got back from having my COVID-19 booster jab. Just before 11.30am I got a text message offering me an appointment today, and by 12,30pm I had driven to the local NHS hub, had the jab, and was on my way home!

      I read that your government was likely to ease the lockdown in the near future. I hope so … then I can envy your opportunity to sit in your local cafe and do some people watching.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. BOB-
      Restrictions will ease here on the 11th October - I'm hoping we can have some four visitors to our homes- that'd be good to visit our Friends - so far we've kept in contact by phone and this is limited. Stay safe and well there- good that you have had the Booster Jab. Regards. KEV.

      Delete
    3. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      Hopefully that week will fly by, and then life can begin to return to normal.

      Stay safe and stay well,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I eagerly await publication. Guess I'll have to finish painting my Romanian army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Cordone,

      I hope that you won’t have to wait too long before the book is published. I expect to receive the printed proof copy later this week, and assuming that there are no problems that need to be addressed, it will be published soon afterwards.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Oh bother. Every time I think I've settled on where to spend my money next, you come up with something new!
    Actually, I've been looking for an excuse to buy some some Irregular Miniatures 42mm Balkan Wars figures for a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon S,

      Sorry to be such a nuisance, but I blame Mark Cordone and Archduke Piccolo for showing me the possibilities of reviving this project from the early 1990s.

      Having seen Ross Mac’s 42mm figures in action, I can see the appeal of ‘doing’ the Balkan Wars in that scale … and if I had the time, I’d be doing likewise!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Hi Bob, I hope you're keeping well. I didn't see any mention of an ebook which means that I won't be able to review it as quickly as I reviewed "Arriba Espana" 😉 Good luck with it, I'm looking forward to seeing it in print.
      Take Care,
      Tony.

      Delete
    3. Unknown (Tony),

      Because of the size of the maps in the book, I cannot produce it in ebook format. As a result, it will only be available in hardback and softback editions.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.