Pages

Sunday 11 December 2022

My new storage trays have finally arrived

Some time ago, Ian Dury sent me some painted and based figures to add to my Belle Époque collection. Once they had been delivered, I decided to order some additional plastic storage trays from the manufacturer and wait until they were delivered before unwrapping the well-packed figures.

I was notified by email that the trays were on their way to me and eagerly anticipated their arrival. I waited … and waited … and waited. Finally, I got in contact with manufacturer to find out when my trays were … and was told that they had been delivered by courier a couple of days after the email had been sent to me. I told them that they hadn’t, so they investigated, and sent me a photograph of the box containing my trays on a doorstep. The problem was it wasn’t our doorstep!

Emails went back and forward between me and manufacturer, including a picture of our front doorstep to show that it wasn’t the same as the one in the courier’s photograph. The manufacturer finally agreed to supply me with some replacement trays for the ones that had been lost … and then there was a knock on our front door. Standing there was a man I’d never seen before, holding a box containing the missing tray!

It turned out that the courier had delivered the box containing the trays to a house some streets away. The house had the same number as ours, but not the same street name or postcode. The homeowner had contacted the courier about the wrong delivery, and they had agreed to collect the box … but hadn’t. In the end, the homeowner decided to deliver it to the correct address themselves, for which I am mightily thankful.

I can now begin to unpack the figures, and I will feature them on a blog post sometime very soon.

6 comments:

  1. Bob,
    That is some story about the missing Trays- good that the wrong recipient decided to deliver the Trays to you. Yes, I'll be looking for some Shallow Trays for my Mystic Horizon figures so that I can take the groups of figures from my Cupboard and place them onto my games Table and then set out the figures at my leisure for a Game. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      It was very good of the person to whom the trays were delivered to bring them to me instead of relying on the courier company to sort their mistake out.

      Some time ago I had a large box of medical supplies delivered to me by mistake. (The courier left mine and somebody else’s with my neighbour because I was slow getting to the front door.) I phoned up the person who was supposed to have had the delivery … and they were quite rude about the mistake the courier had made, and implied that I should sort it out. I asked them if they could send someone to collect the box (they lived about half a mile away) as at the time I was not supposed to drive. They replied that their carer was refusing to do it, and that it was down to me to get it to them. In the end, the courier collected the box and delivered it … a week later.

      Keep safe and keep well,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Bob,
      Strange how some people react to things out of the ordinary - we always immediately deliver misplaced mail to the rightful owners here in Bradbury- we do it straight away as the mail item may be very important to the owner. I've had a good day getting away my Grenadiers in the Mail to Melbourne for Casting- I chose 'Express Post' as the package may only take two days to arrive with my Castor- I might be lucky and have the figures by Christmas. Best Wishes. KEV.

      Delete
    3. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      We were very lucky. On previous occasions mis-delivered stuff has just ‘disappeared’. Either the courier has ‘mislaid’ it (I think that happened with a laptop computer that I ordered some years ago) or the address to which it was delivered chose to keep it and deny that it was ever given to them,
      .
      I hope that you get your next batch of figures before Christmas.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Good to hear you got the trays, Bob. Are these mdf trays, or other?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.