Pages

Thursday 2 July 2009

COW starts tomorrow!

I have spent most of my spare time today getting my stuff ready for COW (the annual Conference of Wargamers that is organised by Wargame Developments) that starts tomorrow.

Usually I have the Friday of COW off, but I have to work tomorrow until the late afternoon, which means that I have to get everything ready today. I have packed:
  • SOLFERINO IN THIRTY MINUTES for the session Richard Brooks and I will be running on Friday evening
  • The Anglo-Egyptian and Mahdist armies, gridded battlefield, and terrain for WHEN EMPIRES CLASH so that I can run a play-test with my old friend Tony Hawkins if time permits
  • My laptop computer and digital camera (in the hope that I will be able to make some blog entries whilst at COW)
  • My Airsoft kit (including all the necessary safety gear) for the session on Saturday afternoon
I am really looking forward to a stimulating weekend of wargaming, and hope that the weather stays fine but not too warm.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time Bob, I will look forward to the AAR especially of the WEC game (if you get to it) and also Solferino. Catch up with you next week when you would have recovered!

    All the best,

    Ogre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good time, Bob, and come back with lots of new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ogrefencer and Steve,

    The COW weekend is the wargaming highlight of my year. I have yet to go to one where I did not try or learn something new.

    I am hoping that this year will be same ... a hothouse of ideas ... but hopefully not a hothouse with regard to the actual temperature!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.