Pages

Saturday 5 June 2010

Preparing for COW2010

Besides collecting fees and sorting out ‘who sleeps where’ at COW2010, I also print and distribute the programmes that Tim Gow produces, print the large timetable that is put up in the main room at Knuston Hall, and prepare the attendees' badges. None of these is a major job on its own, but trying to do all of these things and prepare a session takes planning … and that it what I am now doing.

I only have a couple of people who have not yet paid their attendance fees, and I have the rooming pretty well sown up. I know that Tim will send me the programme sometime soon, and these will be printed by a local printer and sent out within a couple of days of me receiving the originals. The printer will also produce the large-size timetable from the original the Tim sends me. The address labels are all ready to be printed, as are the badges. So all that is left is my session … and that is where my real work begins!

As my previous blog entry states, I will be running a session about Joseph Morschauser. The session will include a presentation that covers:
  • A short biography of Joseph Morschauser
  • An outline of the three sets of rules he published in his book HOW TO PLAY WAR GAMES IN MINIATURE
  • An outline of his grid-based rules – including his ‘Ancients’ and ‘Frontier’ rules
  • An outline of my INTERBELLUM rules that are based on Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Modern’ period rules, adapted for a gridded battlefield
  • Attendees will then have the opportunity to try out Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Frontier’ rules or my INTERBELLUM rules.
So what progress have I made?
  • I have assembled the material I need for the biography, and all I need to do is to put it together as a PowerPoint presentation
  • I have yet to prepare the outlines of the three sets of rules he published in his book HOW TO PLAY WAR GAMES IN MINIATURE, but as they are all quite similar this should not present too big a problem in terms of time
  • I have already produced rough outlines of both Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Ancients’ and ‘Frontier’ rules, and all these require is some re-formatting so that they are easier to understand
  • My INTERBELLUM rules are written but as yet they have not been play-tested, and this is something that may have to wait until the session at COW2010
  • I have the figures ready for both Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Frontier’ rules and my INTERBELLUM rules, but I do need to make sure that I have a sufficient number of gridded ‘battlefields’ (and relevant terrain) available for the practical part of the session
I have my plan … all I need to do is to get on with implementing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.