Monday, 10 January 2011

Axis and Allies: Battle of the Bulge: The playing pieces

Having done a count-up of the playing pieces in my recently acquired copy of the AXIS AND ALLIES: SPRING 1942 board game, I decided to do the same with my copy of AXIS AND ALLIES: BATTLE OF THE BULGE. Here is the list of contents:
  • 46 Artillery (4 British, 18 US, 24 German)
  • 48 Infantry (4 British, 20 US, 24 German)
  • 32 Tanks (4 British, 12 US, 16 German)
  • 4 Bombers (1 British, 2 US, 1 German)
  • 12 Fighters (3 British, 6 US, 3 German)
  • 18 Trucks (12 US, 6 German)
By combining the contents of the two board games, I would have quite a sizeable collection of playing pieces I could use.

4 comments:

  1. I've got some of the A&A games - even an early edition going back to 1987. We used to add 1/72 Esci figures to the batch for variation.

    I am curious to learn what you come up with for the pieces outside of the regular A&A context. Looking forward to seeing more posts on the subject.

    ~Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a box of such pieces and have used them for playtesting various games including WD's 'Sturmstaffel'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Leach,

    I am not quite sure what I am going to use the playing pieces for, although they could easily be used with my Heroscape hexed terrain to fight a 'big battle' version of 'Memoir '44'.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    I must admit that the aircraft models did strike me as having potential for a tabletop air combat game.

    If I get a chance, I will try to read the Sturmstaffel rules as they will probably give me some ideas as to how to use these lovely little models.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete