Pages

Thursday 20 September 2018

Italian Naval Camouflage of World War II

When I saw that this book had been published, I was unsure that it would tell me anything about the Italian Navy in World War II that I did not already know. However, after reading the reviews I decided to buy a copy ... and I am very pleased that I did!


The book falls into two parts. In the first part the author (who is a serving officer in the Italian Navy) describes the development of the various camouflage schemes adopted after the outbreak of the war, and the second part contains full colour profiles of almost every ship (battleships, cruisers, destroyers, torpedo boats, MAS-boats, landing craft, merchant ships, and even submarines) used by the Italian Navy during the Second World War. These profiles show the camouflage schemes used by each ship during their careers.

As far as I am concerned, this is a 'must have' for anyone interested in the Italian Navy of the 1930s and 1940s, and I thoroughly recommend it.

ITALIAN NAVAL CAMOUFLAGE OF WORLD WAR II was written and illustrated by Marco Ghiglio and published by Seaforth Publishing (ISBN 978 15267 3539 3).

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Geordie an Exile FoG,

      Even if I had not been particularly interested in the Italian Navy, I would have had difficulty not buying this book!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.