Pages

Monday 24 September 2018

Masonically speaking, I have a big week ahead

The coming week is a big one as far as my membership of Freemasonry is concerned. On Wednesday afternoon the Provincial Grand Lodge if Hertfordshire is holding its annual meeting at Freemasons' Hall, Great Queen Street, in central London. Because I am the Provincial Grand Orator, I have a minor walk-on part in the ceremony (it's actually more of a parade in and parade out part) but I have to attend the rehearsal on Wednesday morning so that I know what to do and when to do it.


The actual meeting starts at 2.45pm and should finish by 6.00pm ... just in time for those of us who are staying for the meal afterwards to get to the Connaught Rooms, dump our bags in the cloakroom, and have a drink before dinner starts at 7.00pm. With luck I should be home by 11.00pm, if the public transport system isn't disrupted in any way.

On Thursday I will be returning the Great Queen Street to attend the meeting of the Holy Royal Arch Chapter of which I am a member. We are inducting a new member, and I have a short but important speaking part. After the meeting we will adjourn to the Trattoria Verdi in Bloomsbury for a meal ... which if experience is anything to go by will be cheaper and better than the one I will eat on Wednesday evening.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      I am sure that it will be ... and even if my part isn't quite wright, I doubt if anyone will notice.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.