Pages

Thursday 10 October 2019

My 20mm-scale World War II figure renovation project ... has resumed!

Now that I have decided to do some work on re-writing my RED FLAGS & IRON CROSSES rules, I have resumed work on my 20mm-scale World War II figure renovation project. These two projects will hopefully develop at the same time, with writing and renovating taking place in parallel.

I have decided to try to complete renovating the German figures in my collection before moving on to do the Russians. The reason for this is twofold. Firstly, there are fewer of them ... and secondly, I know that I will be receiving some 'reinforcements' in the very near future, and would like to assimilate them into my collection as quickly as possible after they arrive.

Renovating my figures involves removing them from their existing bases, gluing them to new bases (I am using new copper-coloured, steel one pence coins as bases), and then touching up their paintwork where it needs doing. The figures are then gloss varnished, the bases are painted green, and the figures are then ready to be returned to their storage boxes prior to being organised into RF&IC units.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.