Pages

Thursday 17 October 2019

My latest batch of renovated 20mm-scale German figures

Over the past week or so, I've gradually been renovating another batch of 20mm-scale German figures from my World War II collection.



Quite a few of them needed a lot of work to bring them up to the standard of the renovated figures I have already completed. This was due to some sort of problem with the original water-based matt varnish they were treated with, which had begun to whiten over the years they had been in storage.

Gently washing the figures in warm, soapy water did little to help, and in the end the worst effected areas had to be repainted. I could have junked them and painted some new figures in the time that it took me to renovate this latest batch, but these were old friends who had served me well in the past, and I felt that I owed it to them to do a proper restoration job on them. I'm glad that I did, as they don't look too bad now that they are finished.

8 comments:

  1. Good to see you were able to successfully rejuvenate these figures which have provided enjoyment in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter,

      It took more work than I expected to renovate these figures, but I think that it was well worth it.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ray Rousell,

      Cheers! I'm quite enjoying renovating my figures. It's very cathartic.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hi Bob,
    Good work there on the 20mm Germans refurbishment. I'm assuming that you already have the WW2 British or Americans to go up against the foe- and 20mm Armour to suit. Looking forward to further updates on this Project. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I don't have any Brits or Americans, but I do have loads of Russians. As to artillery and AFVs ... well I have literally got several boxes full of painted and unpainted stuff.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Chris Kemp (Chris),

      Cheers! I must admit to being pleased with the way they have turned out. I'm currently working on some Luftwaffe ground troops that will be used to represent a Luftwaffe Field Division.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.