Pages

Sunday 18 April 2021

My latest book sales figures

It is just over six months since I last looked at my book sales figures. What with the on/off COVID-19 lockdown, problems with Lulu.com, switching over to Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), and my major surgery, I just did not get around to it. I have managed to do so now, and my book sales figures look like this:

It is interesting to note that sales of all the books in the PORTABLE WARGAME series seem to continue to sell well, and form the bulk of the total sales to date. WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! and HEXBLITZ attract regular sales, and THE MADASAHATTA CAMPAIGN has gone through the 150 sales barrier!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    Wow! These stats are great- you'd be very pleased indeed. Nice to see your tribute to Eric Knowles doing so well. Stay well and safe there in London. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I was quite surprised to see how well the books were selling. I had hope that the Colonial book might have sold a few more copies, but that disappointment is more than made up for by the sales of the Napoleonic book.

      It is interesting to see how well THE MADASAHATTA CAMPAIGN book is still selling, and I think that Eric Knowles would have been very please to know that people are still being inspired by his work.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Hi Bob -
    It is possible that the slower sales for the Colonial book is due to that period appealing to a more ... erm ... 'boutique' market. It was a period that I've got into myself in only very recent years, and I still don't have what you'd call a 'native' army.

    But it had led me down some interesting paths!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      You are right that Colonial wargaming is a niche market, and perhaps I ought not to have included the simple campaign system and terrain generator in the book as I think that they would be attractive to a wider, non-Colonial wargaming audience.

      I am glad that my book has given your wargaming a new direction to follow, and the results will no doubt entertain you and your blog's followers for years to come!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.