Pages

Saturday 17 July 2021

Some better pictures?

I was not very happy with the quality of the photographs I used in yesterday's blog post ... so I took new ones using a different camera with both the flash on and off. The new photographs looked like this:

They are not my best efforts, but they do show the different end results from the four painting methods I outline in yesterday's blog post and confirm my thinking that methods 2 and 4 produce the best results ... and that of these two, I am going to use method 2 for preference as it requires even less work that method 4!

4 comments:

  1. Bob,
    I've found for greys the Colour Party paints work best. They have a couple of different shades.
    Although I suspect black wiped off a grey undercoat might work. My rare "whites" usually start with lightened grey worked up to slightly off white. Blacks are just that, no attempt at shading. I try to mix bays and chestnuts with the odd dun in light cavalry, but mostly the former. You can also vary the shades with a little black and the odd lighter main and tail helps to vary even identical horse poses.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil Patterson (Neil),

      Thanks for the additional advice.

      At the moment, I’m just hoping to produce some brown horses that have a bit of variance between each one, and this will probably be confined to blazes and socks. I’ll play around with other colours as and when the opportunity arises.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. The horses look good, but I'm not sure about the blob sitting on them ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,

      The blobs are Irregular Miniatures Prussian Hussars.

      Not the best castings in the world, but good enough to experiment on.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.