Pages

Monday 13 March 2023

Finally, I was able to test-run my HO9 model locomotives

Over the weekend I was able to set up an oval of model railway track using my recently acquired Kato N-gauge model railway track pack and was able to test-run my 'stable' of HO9 model locomotives. The results were a mixture of good and bad.

Whilst my Egger-Bahn/Jouef HO9 0-4-0 locomotive ran quite well pulling its three coaches ...

... as did my Liliput HO9 0-6-2 locomotives, ...

... my two ROCO 0-6-0 locomotives just would not move. I have no idea why, and it may be that their contacts need a good clean and their bearings need some lubrication before they will run at all.

The Kato track was a doddle to set up and take down afterwards, and I will probably look at disposing of my current collection of PECO N-gauge track and replacing it with more Kato track.

8 comments:

  1. Bob,
    Good to see you getting the chance to run your Trains- they look great on the Kato Track- continue to enjoy your Railway items. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      This is the first step towards me setting up my model railway, and I hope to sell my PECO track (some of which has never been used) so that I can use the money to buy more Kato track. They sell all sorts of expansion packs so that you can add inner and outer ovals, sidings, passing loops etc.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Keep thinking of getting my old train set into a game. Poor thing has been packed away for ... 60 years or so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob Young,

      It deserves to be taken out of storage and set up … and sooner rather than later!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. I have some N and Z gauge Kato track, purely as wargames scenery. With the track bed included it looks much better as scenery than track simply placed on the surface. I may experiment with giving the ballast a brown ink wash as the grey looks a bit uniform though. For 6mm I use the excellent mdf track from Commission Figurines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nigel Drury,

      The inclusion of the trackbed as part of the track was one of the aspects of Kato N-gauge track that appealed to me. The clip together system is also a lot faster than trying to joking tracks using fishplates.

      At present I’m going to leave mine ‘as is’, but may well give the trackbed a light wash in the future.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The Goos Soldier Svjek,

      I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t like them!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.