Pages

Saturday 24 June 2023

More Soviet artillery

During the short spell of cooler weather last Saturday I also managed to organise some further units of Soviet artillery for my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project.

In this case, the units were all armed with 152mm howitzers which are towed by large, tracked vehicles.

The 152mm howitzers were made by Skytrex and must be at least twenty years old. The towing vehicles were scratch-built by me using Plasticard and bits from my spares box, with the running gear coming from three broken ROCO Minitank PzKpfw IVs and the cabs from Airfix Refuelling Set Bedford trucks.

I am unsure where the gun crew figures came from although I think that some of them may have been manufactured by Skytex.

2 comments:

  1. Bob,
    Nice work on the scratch built vehicles- they've come up very nicely. I've just completed the assembly of a British Bren Carrier and a 6 Pound Gun in 1/76th scale- will paint up later in the day...I wasn't prepared for the smallness of 1/76th scale- though I got through it OK. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      The good old Bren Gun Carrier and 6-pdr AT gun! One of my favourite all-time models! I have used it ‘as is’ and as the basis of numerous scratch-builds over the years, including several PzKpfw IAs, a couple of Panzerjager Is, and a variety of light tanks and Russian artillery tractors.

      1/76th does look small when compared to some some 1/72nd and 30mm-scale kits, but looks alright when used alongside ROCO Minitanks.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.