Pages

Monday 14 October 2024

I bought a new laptop …

… and it’s taken me ages to set it up!

My laptop has done me excellent service since I broke my leg and was no longer able to get up to my desktop PC. However, I originally bought it to take on cruises and its screen is a little on the small side for regular everyday use, so, when I saw a slightly bigger, new, laptop with a 14-inch screen was on sale during the recent Amazon Prime event, I bought a new one. It is a Hewlett-Packard 14-inch Laptop with an Intel Pentium Silver N5030 Processor, 4 gigabytes of random-access memory, and 128 gigabytes of solid state memory, and it cost me £179.99 instead of the usual pre-event £299.99.

My new laptop was delivered on Saturday evening, and I spent quite a chunk of yesterday setting it up, installing the software I habitually use, and adding my email accounts. In fact, it took me so long that I didn’t finish doing all the tasks I have to do and I will be trying to complete the job today.

The new screen is much easier to use thanks to its increase in size, and the operating system (Windows 11) seems to work faster than it did on my older Windows 10 laptop. I hope that I’ll be able to use new laptop in place of my existing one and my desktop PC. This will certainly make life easier for me and will hopefully free up space in our small home office.

2 comments:

  1. BOB,
    Well done- the new computer looks terrific with it's 14 inch screen. Also at a very reasonable price. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      The larger screen certainly helps with things like layouts and the price was very reasonable as well. I am already getting used to it and I am adding software that I use regularly as and when I need to.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.