Pages

Thursday 3 October 2024

Twenty-five weeks

Yesterday, for the first time in twenty-five weeks, I managed to go up to the first and second floors of our house ... thanks to a newly-installed stairlift!

After getting quotes from the largest manufacturers of stairlifts in the UK, we eventually chose a model that would reach right to the top of our house on a single, continuous rail. It automatically charges its electric batteries and stops when it reaches the first floor landing, both going up and coming down. It then needs to be 'told' to either go up to the top floor or down to the ground floor, which it does faster than I was able to before I broke my leg! It even comes with remote controls so that it can be sent up or down without me having to sit on it.

I now have far more freedom than I had even just a week ago, and although it is still going to be some time before things return to anything like normal, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and the distance to emerge seems to be getting shorter.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.