Yesterday, Sue and I returned from our latest cruise.
We travelled to the western Mediterranean aboard P&O’s MV Britannia and visited Cadiz, Ibiza, Cagliari, Mallorca, Cartagena, and Gibraltar. It was hot … but most of the time it was more bearable than the recent weather in the UK. In due course, I’ll be writing a long blog post about where we went, what we saw … and what we ate! In the meantime, I have two weeks of emails to read and blog posts to catch up on … so may I ask my regular blog readers to be patient as it will be a few days before I’ll be back blogging regularly.
Hi Bob,
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! That sounds like a grand itinerary—Cadiz, Gibraltar.
All the best, Andy
Andrew Bruce (Andy),
DeleteIt was a very welcome break ... and it was nice to be able to go back to Cadiz, Cagliari, Cartagena, and Gibraltar. (Ibiza and Mallorca were both too hot to enjoy.) My only regret was not managing to have a drink in THE ANGRY FRIAR in Gib.
All the best,
Bob
Sounds like a wonderful trip overall! Missing out on a pint at the Angry Friar just gives you a proper excuse to plan a return voyage down the line. Glad to hear you're back safe and sound!
DeleteAll the best, Andy
Andrew Bruce )Andy),
DeleteI will be posting my cruise blog post tomorrow ... and I hope that you enjoy reading it.
I hope to return to Gibraltar next year ... and plan to visit THE ANGRY FRIAR when I do.
All the best,
Bob
I'll certainly keep an eye out for the cruise post tomorrow! Sounds like a grand read ahead. Best of luck with the Gibraltar plans for next year—that pint at The Angry Friar will be well earned by then!
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Andy
Andrew Bruce (Andy),
DeleteReading it through today, there does seem to be quite a lot coverage of the food we ate ... but that's one of the things one does on a cruise!
All the best,
Bob
Nothing wrong with that at all—half the joy of a good cruise is sampling the food along the way!
DeleteAll the best, Andy
Andrew Bruce (Andy),
DeleteThe problem with food on cruises is that it is available for twenty-four hours per day!
All the best,
Bob
Haha, that is the ultimate test of willpower right there! It’s practically impossible to resist when there's a late-night snack just waiting for you around every corner.
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Andy
Andrew Bruce (Andy),
DeleteAs Oscar Wilde said, ‘I can resist everything except temptation’ … which is why I never venture anywhere near the buffet after dinner!
All the best,
Bob
Wise strategy! If Wilde knew about 24-hour cruise buffets, he’d have written a whole play about them. Avoiding the midnight temptation is definitely the safest bet!
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Andy
Andrew Bruce (Andy)
DeleteVery true!
All the best,
Bob