Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

COW2002: The Roads to Madrid (Spanish Civil War)

The ROADS TO MADRID was a Spanish Civil War battle that Tony Hawkins and I put on at COW2002. The terrain and figures came from Tony's Spanish Civil War collection. The figures were all manufactured by Peter Pig and the buildings were mainly from the range of Spanish building made by Hovels.


The battlefield ... before the battle began.

The battle begins.

The battle as seen from the other end of the tabletop.

The Convent of the Fallen Madonna ... with the Big Boobies!

The village.

The roads to Madrid.

Fighting was fierce around the Convent.

Nationalist Infantry and Artillery in action.

Nationalist Artillery.

More Nationalist Artillery.

Nationalist Infantry and Artillery in action.

Nationalist Infantry and Artillery in action.

Fighting in the village.

The Spanish Foreign Legion: The Nationalist's elite troops!

Cavalry still had a limited role to play.

A Republican T-26 tank.

A Nationalist T-26 tank.

A pair of Republican T-26 tanks.

10 comments:

  1. Nice pics Bob, SCw has always been on my to- do list for a long time....

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete, may I draw your attention to this sale of items including SCW stuff: http://thedancingcaketin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/for-sale.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can see Ernest Hemingway looking on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice game there, although if I may, one small comment: the T-26 tanks were not present in the race to Madrid, from August to early November.

    If I'm not wrong (talking out of my head right now) the first time they saw action was in very late October in the Republican offensive over Seseña.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Profrock - Ernest Hemingway looking on would be about right for him!

    Bob- what rules were you using then? Was this a BAIT trial game?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pete,

    Thanks for the comment about the photos. It was much appreciated.

    Take a leaf from my book … and seize the day! Stop thinking about ‘doing’ the Spanish Civil War … and do it!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dancing Cake Tin,

    If I had been in the UK, I would have certainly been interested in that little lot myself!

    I hope that Pete as beaten me to it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prufrock,

    I think that Hemingway was the chap in the cantina, drinking the Rioja, and chatting up a senorita or two.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anibal Invictus,

    We took a few liberties with the scenario (hence the appearance of the T-26s), but it was only a ‘fun’ game that was put on as a means to encourage people to give wargaming the Spanish Civil War a go.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trebian,

    I cannot actually remember the rules that we used ... but I think that they may have been a variation on the PBOM rules.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.