Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

Lots of parcels to open

I have been so busy for the past few days that I have not had enough time to open the five small parcels that have been delivered by the Post Office since Wednesday ... but that all changed this afternoon.

The parcels contained some of the auction lots that I won on eBay over last weekend, and they contained enough figures for me to form eight new four-figure units:
  • Four French Infantry Regiments (4 x Line Infantry Regiments)
  • Four British Infantry Regiments (2 x Line Infantry Regiments, 2 x Rifle Regiments) 
I have a few more eBay auction bids waiting to mature over the next few days, and if I won them they should enable me to expand my collection even further.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love to open "presents" like these?

    I know that I do.

    Sure, we know what should be inside them . . . but that doesn't mean that we don't have that "little kid" joy at actually seeing them (and, of course, the anticipation as to what they will actually look like).

    Enjoy the feeling, Bob. Enjoy!


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebear Jeff,

    I knew what was in the parcels ... but not what was in each parcel. Opening each one was a minor excitement in itself ... and then I had the pleasure of adding the contents to my collection. Both made me feel very good indeed, and after the last few days they gave me a much needed boost to my morale.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.