Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2024

A big thanks to everybody

I’d like to thank everyone who has written a ‘Get Well’ comment on my blog and my Facebook page or sent me a message or email. I’ve not been able to answer them all as I am relying on my iPad and a somewhat flaky free NHS internet connection.

It’s great to know just how many nice people there are out there who want me to get better. In those dark hours in the morning when I cannot sleep and I can feel the breath of my Black Dog on my neck, I read the comments and messages and it helps me more than I can express in mere works.

I have no idea how much longer I’m going to be in hospital but I hope that it won’t be for too many more days. When I get out I’m going to be immobile for at least six weeks and possibly longer. Furthermore, my mobility might be impaired long-time or even permanently.

The Neurologists are trying to trace the underlying cause of the profound weakness in my left leg that caused the right one to break. This may take time and the problem may never be 100% cured, especially if the cause is a trapped or compressed nerve in the spine. At my age they are loath to operate on the spine and would rather treat the symptoms as best they can.

Whatever the outcome, I am determined to live the rest of my life to the full … and your continued support will help me to do that.

8 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your medical "adventures" i hope you make it over the wire soon and get yourself home. I'm hoping to make it to the UK next year and catch the annual WD meeting.

    take care and keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon Bob - we need you fighting fit to edit the next PW Compendium!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt that when the smoke clears you will emerge with flying colors! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you will be home and settled in your own house soon Bob, hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your spirits up and I hope you're home soon, Tony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care Bob, hope to hear that you're home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Whatever the outcome, I am determined to live the rest of my life to the full … "

    Amen to that! That was the attitude I took when diagnosed with cancer over 5 years ago now. Each day I look back on as a bonus and as long as I've done stuff I enjoy, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your blog and its community are making your hospital stay more bearable. I mentioned your current events to my wife; she likes keeping abreast of "Bob news" as well. Sending thoughts from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.