Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2024

The Attack on Morobad: A Portable Colonial Wargame video

I have finally finished the video that I was working on towards the end of June and I uploaded it to the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel earlier today. The video is entitled THE ATTACK ON MOROBAD: A PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME.

It lasts just under 36 minutes and includes a reasonably detailed blow-by-blow retelling of a Colonial wargame fought using the simple rules from THE PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME (i.e. 'The Gatling's jammed ...'), and I hope that it help people to understand how the main PORTABLE WARGAME mechanisms used in the rules work.

The video can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.

8 comments:

  1. 36 minutes!?! I'll need popcorn for this one!
    Sadly viewing will have to wait until after work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      It is a bit repetitive in parts as I explain how each combat is resolved. As for the popcorn .. well, that sounds like an excellent idea!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I've enjoyed all of the previous videos that you've made, so I'll savour this one whilst I'm painting some 1930s French cruisers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good demonstration video. No one should have any difficulty playing the game after watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Cordone,

      Thanks very much for your kind comment. That's exactly the sort of response that I wanted to the video.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting the video Bob. Having watched it, I'm taking the plunge to buy a bunch of your Portable Wargame books on Wargames Vault - of course, their Summer Sale helped me make that decision!

    Also watched your other videos and enjoyed them as well! Please keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colinmnash,

      Great! I hope you get lots of fun and enjoyment using the rules.

      I am currently preparing another video in which I will explain the design thinking behind the rules as well as the basic mechanisms. You might find that useful to watch when it comes out.

      All the best,
      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.