Pages

Wednesday 17 July 2024

Third Portable Wargame Compendium: The final article has arrived

The final article for the next Portable Wargame Compendium has arrived and I spent yesterday adding it to the draft text. I will be sending off for proofreading later today and once any errors have been rectified, I start the publication process.

The Third Compendium is going to include the following articles:

  • Modifications to the Ancients rules in Developing the Portable Wargame for fighting medieval battles
  • Constantinople Beleaguered ... a PW3x3RW campaign idea
  • A simple English Civil War campaign system for Portable Pike and Shot
  • Simple English Civil War 8 x 8 Campaign Rules
  • Some suggested improvements to the Brigade-level Portable Napoleonic Wargame Rules
  • Developing the Napoleonic Brigade-level Portable Wargame
  • Ideas for developing the Portable Napoleonic Big Battle or FP3x3PW Rules
  • Wargaming the Flagstaff War – New Zealand 1845 – 1846
  • Towards a Portable Gettysburg
  • Sham-Battle and the Portable Wargame: Melding two concepts to produce a set of mini-campaign rules
  • Some well-known scenarios revisited
  • Big Battles, Small Armies
  • A simple framework for narrative campaigns
  • 6 x 6 Portable Wargames

This looks as if it is going to be between 130 and 140 pages long ... and I hope that it will be published by the end of August.

14 comments:

  1. Great progress, Bob. Looking very promising ✔️👍🏼👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin S.,

      I'm getting there ... and hope to get the book published as soon as I can.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the publication of the Third Compendium - will you be producing a pdf version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      I intend to publish the Compendium in hardback, softback, Kindle, and PDF formats.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Looks like plenty and more to wrap one's teeth around!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      I think that this could easily be the best Compendium I've put together so far ... and that is down to the excellent contributions from people such as yourself!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Mark Cordone,

      I think that there is a lot of articles that people will be able to 'mine' for ideas and inspiration.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Well done Bob, thank you for all your hard work. Regards Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PDL (Paul),

      Cheers! I just added the last article this afternoon. All I have to add now is a small number of maps.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  6. Excellent news-it will be a hardback copy for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony Morton,

      Great! I hope that you will enjy reading it once it has been published.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  7. Exciting Bob looking forward to the new compendium. Hope you are going okay? Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory to Ruritania (Quinn),

      Cheers! I am awaiting a couple of maps, and once I have them I can begin the publishing process.

      As to my current situation ... well, I am having a visit from the Occupational Therapist tomorrow and hope that this will lead to some appropriate treatment.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.