I have just uploaded a new YouTube video to the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.
It lasts approximately twelve and a half minutes.
The video can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.
The random thoughts of an ancient wargamer. Featuring rules, battle reports, and all sorts of miscellaneous wargaming (and other) topics.
I have just uploaded a new YouTube video to the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.
It lasts approximately twelve and a half minutes.
The video can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.
Nice setup.
ReplyDeleteQuantrilltoy,
DeleteThe figures used in the Napoleonic battles were drawn from several collections. The venue was also fantastic … and one passer-by stopped for a hat because his mum had painted figures at the Britains factory!
All the best,
Bob
I loved the videos. What brand are the armored cars in the Spanish game?
ReplyDeleteQuantrilltoy,
DeleteCheers! They aren’t my model armoured cars but I think that they were found on sale on eBay or Etsy.
All the best,
Bob
Great photos in this video Bob, particularly for me the Army Red v Army Dark Green game
ReplyDeleteMaudlin Jack Tar,
DeleteCheers! It was probably the Little Wars battle that felt closest to HG Wells' original than any of the others,
All the best,
Bob
This was an enjoyable video to watch during my coffee break. I loved the larger setups with 54mm figures and some H0-scaled towns. It didn't look out of place, just more like forced perspective.
ReplyDeleteDidn't the original Little Wars by H. G. Wells resolve fighting with spring loaded little guns? It looked like you resolved it differently (dice?).
I still have some bit's and pieces on my workbench to prepare to enjoy some planned wargames (in 54mm).
Roger,
DeleteI am very pleased that you enjoyed this video.
The mix of 54mm figures and HO buildings doesn't jar on the eye rather in the same way that I have used 15mm buildings with 20mm figures.
We used spring-loaded guns for the artillery and rifle fire as in the original Wellsian rules, although for the latter we used a cheap Britains field gun. We did - however - use dice for melee combat whereas Wells used a figure trade-off method.
Tim Gow (http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/) runs lots of games featuring 54mm figures and I have been lucky enough to take part in some.
All the best,
Bob
Great looking games. Brings back memories of my childhood playing with Airfix plastic soldiers and HO buildings in the yard on a summer afternoon.
ReplyDeleteMark Cordone,
DeleteThey were very impressive. It is a great pity that I didn't manage to include images of the Prussian army advancing towards Waterloo. The sight of all those dark-clad figures moving in a huge phalanx would have put the fear of god into even the most stalwart supporter of the French emperor!
All the best,
Bob