Pages

Thursday 27 May 2010

Axis of War DVD

Yesterday morning I visited the local supermarket and happened to see that they had a DVD on sale entitled AXIS OF WAR - PART ONE - THE FIRST OF AUGUST. The cover showed what looked like a dog fight between biplane fighters taking place above a crowed battlefield. As my current major interest is the interwar period, it looked like it might be something that would interest me. I was not wrong.

The DVD is the first part in a trilogy that has been made by a major Chinese film maker, and it deals with Nanchang uprising of the Chinese Civil War in 1927.

I have not managed to see the whole film, but I was so impressed by the sheer scale of the battle scenes that I have ordered the second part (AXIS OF WAR - PART TWO - MY LONG MARCH) which was scheduled to be released three days ago. If it is half as good as the first DVD, it will be an excellent film to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.